Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Students Make a Difference

Education is not all bad. The system is lacking, sure, but the students can make a really awful situation seem possible. I've had the good fortune of having some of the most talented students go through my classroom. I've seen them grow, learn, cry, and laugh because of math. And I remember a group who told me the last day of class that they wouldn't agree with me that math was beautiful, but they'd admit it was sort of pretty.

Students make a classroom and the relationship between a teacher and those students is something I wouldn't give up, because it makes me grow as a human being.

To all my students, past and present: Thank you. From the depths of my soul, I appreciate everything I've learned from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment